Monday, December 24, 2012

Dept. 56 Dickens Village

  I started collecting Dickens Village when I received a piece for Christmas in 1982 or '83 from my then husband.  Each Christmas he would give me another piece. 
  One of my favorite parts of decorating at Christmastime is setting up my Dickens Village.  It is set up a little differently each year because I usually put it on my fireplace mantel and all the houses don't fit up there.  Most of the time I add snow to the scene too but since it has been so warm here in Texas this year, I didn't add snow.  


Ashbury Inn
 

 Plum pudding anyone?
 
 Carolers outside the Counting House and a man offering them cookies.
 
Oops!  Don't drop the packages!
 
Tiny Tim being carried over the bridge by Bob Cratchit. 
 
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
 
A boy buying a fat goose for Scrooge. 

No comments: