Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wednesday's Child

  My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks so it is time to display my birthday things.  I was born on a Wednesday and Wednesday's child is full of woe according to the poem "Monday's Child".

 This is my Wednesday's Child doll by Susan Wakeen.  Susan Wakeen is one of my favorite doll makers.  

  Wednesday's Child is 8" tall.  Her arms, legs, and head are crafted of fine porcelain and movable.  She has sleep eyes that close when she lays down and a tear below her left eye.  She even has her own teddy bear.   She is copyrighted 1999.
  
Here is a close-up of her sweet face and the little tear below her left eye.

The poem I mentioned above called "Monday's Child" goes like this:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny, blithe, good, and gay.

No comments: