Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Souvenir from the State Fair of Texas

The State Fair of Texas opened Friday, Sept 27th and runs through Oct. 20th.  I look forward to the fair every year.  There is so much to see and do!  And I must get a Fletcher's Corny Dog!  It just wouldn't be right to go to the fair and not get a Fletcher's Corny Dog!

Fan from the 2011 State Fair of Texas


This is a fan I got during the 2011 State Fair.  They handed them out in the Food & Fiber Pavilion.  In this building, they showcase Texas-related products.  They have booths that show how things are grown and used, foods to taste, a store so you can purchase Texas brands, and you can meet Elsie the Cow from Borden.

When I was there in 2010, I happened to go into the Food & Fiber building when some Texas Chef's were there greeting the public and offering food samplings.  The only one I remember is the Dread Head Chef.  He makes sweet salsas and dessert chips.  I loved the strawberry-mango salsa and the cinnamon chips.  Yum!

No comments: